Official 2013 training program
Below is this year’s schedule for the training run program. Official group runs are held on Sundays.
- Sunday training runs will be coordinated by Glenn Pacé, Patricia Jensen and Mark Grist.
- There will likely be runners in a variety of pace groups on each run.
- All runs are subject to change due to unforseen circumstances. eg. snow conditions, construction, special events, etc.
- Please check the website or our Facebook group page on the morning of the run for last minute updates.
- Use the Feedback Form to send questions to the Training Run Coordinators.
Good luck in training.
|Date||Run Time||Route||Meeting Place||Meeting Time|
|May 4||2–3 hrs||Grouse to Mountain Highway return||Grouse Mtn.||8:00 am|
|May 11||3–4 hrs||Grouse to Lynn Canyon return||Grouse Mtn.||8:00 am|
|May 18||3–4 hrs||Grouse to Mtn. Hwy up to Grouse||Grouse Mtn.||8:00 am|
|May 25||3–4 hrs||Cleveland Dam to Cypress and return||Cleveland Dam||7:30 am|
|June 1||3–4 hrs||Cleveland Dam to Panorama Park||Panorama Park parking lot in Deep Cove||7:30 am|
|June TBA||4–5 hrs||Trail Work Day on TBA||TBA||8:45 am|
|June 8||4–6 hrs||Deep Cove to St George’s Bench and return||Panorama Park parking lot in Deep Cove||7:30 am|
|June 15||4–6 hrs||Cypress Cross Country ticket booth to Hollyburn Ranger Hut and Deep Cove||Panorama Park parking lot in Deep Cove||7:30 am|
|June 22||4–7 hrs||First ¾’s|
(Nelson Canyon Park to Lynn Canyon)
|Lynn Canyon||7:30 am|
|June 29||3–4 hrs||First half (start to Cleveland Dam)||Cleveland Dam||7:30 am|
|July 6||2–3 hs||Last ¼|
(Lynn Canyon to Deep Cove)
|Panorama Park parking lot in Deep Cove||7:30 am|
|July 12||4:39–10 hrs||Race day — Horseshoe Bay (Nelson Canyon Park) to Deep Cove||Nelson Canyon Park||6:00 am|
What to bring
- 2 water bottles minimum! Fanny packs or hand held bottles are the usual.
- Food-energy bars, energy gels, bagels, candy, etc.
- Optimistic attitude, trail fit bodies and a sense of direction.
- Change of clothes.
- Money for cab or treat (for the training coordinators).
- Cleveland Dam – On the left going up Nancy Green Way, just past the Fish Hatchery.
- Deep Cove – Panorama Park parking lot, Deep Cove. Driving directions to Panorama Park are at the bottom of the Drop Bag and Bus Transportation page.
- Grouse Mtn. – Top of Nancy Green Way in North Vancouver. Meet in the lower unpaved Grouse Mtn. Parking lot to avoid paying for parking.
- Lynn Canyon – Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge parking lot – off Lynn Canyon Rd., North Vancouver. Look for the signs on the right.
- Nelson Canyon Park – Go here for directions to Nelson Canyon Park trailhead (race start line).
Unofficial Training Runs
Starting in April, a series of unofficial training runs will be held on Wednesday nights. Information about these runs can be viewed here.
Training Run Reports
- June 24, 2012 training run report by Glenn Pacé
- May 13, 2012 training run report by Patricia Jensen
- For the 2011 training run reports, go here.
- For the 1999–2007 training run reports, go to the Training Runs Archive.