A number of runners will be getting together on Wednesday nights for unofficial training runs on portions of the Baden-Powell trail. These runs are a great opportunity to experience parts of the KKNSTR race route and other local trails. All skill levels are welcome. Contact Clive Boness if you want to join him on these runs.
- When: 5:15 pm, every Wednesday, April 3 — July 3, 2013
- Where: Cleveland Dam parking lot
- Start: 5:30 pm
- Duration: 1.5 — 2.5 hrs
- Contact: Clive Boness
Date Route Distance
April 3 Brother’s Ck. and return 8.0 1–1.25 Route info
April 10 Brother’s Ck. Crossover Trail Loop 1.25–1.5 Route info
April 17 St. George’s Trail and return 11.0 1.25–1.5 Route info
April 24 Hollyburn Chute and return 10.0–13.0 1.5–17.5 Route info
May 1 Brother’s Ck. Full Loop 12.5 1.75–2.0 Route info
May 8 Lower Cypress Look out and return 13.5–14.5 1.75–2.0 Route info
May 15 Grouse Peak via BCMC Trail and return 1.75–2.0 Route info
May 22 To be announced May 29 Hollyburn Chute to West Lake plateau and return 13.0 1.75–2.0 Route info
June 5 Mountain Highway via St. George’s Trail and return 13.0 1.75–2.0 Route info
June 12 Hollyburn Ranger Cabin and return 15.0 2.0–2.5 Route info
June 19 Grouse via Mountain Hwy. (Gondola or BCMC Trail down) 14.5 2.0–2.5 Route info
June 26 Upper Cypress Lookout and return 17.5 2.0–2.5 Route info
July 3 Lower Cypress Lookout and return 13.5–14.5 1.5–2.0 Route info
July 10 Rest!
- All runs start at Cleveland Dam parking lot at 5:30 pm sharp!
- Please arrive at 5:15 pm to allow time for the group to organize.
- Routes are subject to change based on trail conditions.
- Runs take place rain or shine.
- If possible, please email Clive Boness if you plan on coming so that we’ll know to keep an eye out for you before heading off for the evening’s run.
- You needn’t be a Knee Knackering registrant to come along on these runs. Anyone who wants to experience North Shore trail running is welcome!
These runs are not the responsibility of the Northshore Ultra Trailrunning Society (NUTS) or the Knee Knacker organizing committee. While the race encourages runners to become as familiar as possible with the trail prior to race day, the race’s insurance coverage only applies to the official Sunday morning runs in May, June and July.