Registration for the 2013 race is closed.
Volunteer service requirement
To be eligible to compete in the 2013 Knee Knacker, you must — in addition to being selected in the lottery - complete four (4) hours of volunteer service. This is a mandatory requirement of all applicants picked in the lottery.
Your volunteer service must follow these rules:
- Is a minimum of four (4) hours total, and can be made of several smaller volunteer sessions if desired;
- Needs to be done between July 1, 2012 and June 30, 2013;
- Can be for any purpose. It does not need to be related to the Knee Knacker or trail running;
- Can be done with any organization or event, or may be performed on your own. Authorization or monitoring is not required.
Some examples of volunteer work are: helping at any race or community event; Meals on Wheels; Big Brothers / Big Sisters; participating at a Rivers Day event; trail work; voluntourism; picking up trash at a beach with your family; building sets at a community theatre.
When you have met this requirement, please fill out the Runner Volunteer Requirements Form to give us the details.
Volunteer exemption: The volunteer service requirement will be waived for any runner who raises $100 or more, using the Knee Knacker Fundraising program, between November 12, 2013 and midnight, July 12, 2013. Please go to the Knee Knacker Fundraising page for more information. We ask that you also fill out the Runner Volunteer Requirements Form once you have met this minimum goal.
Online registration option
- Receive immediate confirmation that you are entered in the event.
- You don’t have to write a cheque.
- No need for a stamp or an envelope.
- Earn credit card reward points if you are enrolled in a reward points program.
Snail mail registration option
Go here for instructions to register by regular mail.
Please go here for complete details on these policies.