Two hundred and seventy (270) runners will be selected in the lottery from all registered entries.
There are very few people who qualify for special consideration, and their entries must still be received by the entry deadline. These are:
- An original-8 race founder (1989)
- Top overall male & female in all previous KKNSTRs (1989–2016)
- Runners who are going for their tenth or twentieth (or higher) KKNSTR finish
- Previous KKNSTR race directors (1989–2016)
- Active Knee Knacker committee members who have served 2 consecutive years on the committee
- Volunteers/runners who have contributed significantly to the race or the sport
- Major sponsor
- Runners who applied for the lottery the past 2 consecutive years (2015 & 2016), and were not selected in both of those years. This has been occasionally referred to as the “Two-Time Loser” rule, but we prefer to call it the “Third-Time winner” rule 🙂
The lottery will be held on February 2nd 2017 and the results will be released in a live event via our Facebook group. Afterwards, the complete official lottery results will be posted.