We would like to thank and welcome back a fabulous group of volunteers - the aid station captains — and extend a special welcome to our new Black Mountain Captain, Nathan Barrett. Your Kneeknacker experience would not be the same with out them and their amazing crew. Here’s where you can find them on race day:
- Nathan Barrett — Black Mountain
- David Montgomery — Cypress
- Robyn Rennie — Hollyburn
- Sibylle Tinsel — Cleveland Dam
- Nicki Decloux — Skyline Drive
- Diane Campbell — Mountain Highway
- Suzanne Pearce — LSCR
- Jacquie Boyer — Lillooet Rd
- Patricia Love — Hyannis Drive
- Chris Lee — Seymour Rd
- Lindsay Wakelin — Panorama Park
- Julie Flynn
Why is it awesome being the Knee Knacker Volunteer Coordinator? Because it’s still more than three months to race date and almost all of the roles for the first half of the course are already filled! Gotta love the Knee Knacker community!
Hello and Happy New Year! Planning for the 26th edition of the Knee Knacker has started and registration for 2014 is now open at the UltraSignup website. Please note the improved process — you will only be charged a $10 fee to enter the lottery and if your name is drawn, the remainder of the entry fee will be charged at that time. This reduces the work with refunds and we hope it works better for you too. Note: the entry deadline is February 28th, 11:59pm and the lottery draw will be live on FB on March 3rd.
I’m excited to welcome back our returning committee members this year and also a special welcome to our newest member, Tom Craik. Many of you will already know Tom through his involvement in our community and I’m thrilled that he has joined our team. Our 2014 committee is: Tom Craik, Enzo Federico, Julie Flynn, Patricia Jensen, Tim Jones, Mark Grist, Bev McKenna, Dennis Marchant, Wendy Montgomery, Glenn Pace, Jeff Trigg and Andrew Wong.
As we embark on a new year, it is hard not to smile at the energy, enthusiasm and care of our 200+ volunteers. We already have people who have reached out to offer their time and experience, and we have volunteers who have come back for over 20 years! Thank you to all of you who commit countless hours.
Over the coming weeks, we will continue to post info on our site, FB page & twitter. As always, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me at any time.
Happy Training & see you on the trails,
Here is our last set of Race Day Photos taken by the photography crew. It’s a photo collection of some of the 250+ Knee Knacker Volunteers as they:
- Donned mozzie hats to battle bugs throughout Cypress and Hollyburn;
- Provided Hawaiian atmosphere at Hyannis Aid Station along with Mr. Freezies;
- Dressed up in white dinner jacket and cowboy hat for Black Mtn Aid Station duties;
- Played a guitar to the runners as they ran into Cypress Aid Station;
- Recorded the race from the ground and the air;
- Provided safety support (North Shore Search and Rescue);
- Pre-and-post swept the race course with enthuasism;
- Set-up, chopped, recorded, timed and cleaned up at the aid stations;
- Set-up, decorated, served and cleaned up at the banquet;
- Marshalled, directed and cheered runners throughout the course;
- Transported supplies;
- Captured memorable moments on digital;
- Made sure you had a great Knee Knacker experience!
THANK YOU VOLUNTEERS!! Check out the photos here.
Thank you Knee Knackerers for your smiles even when your bodies may be hurting.
Until next year.
Knee Knacker Volunteer Photography Crew