Still thinking about getting a 25th anniversary jacket? Well, based on your feedback we’ve added distance and elevation to the back design. Please remember that jacket purchases must be made by March 15; jackets will not be sold after March 15.
West Vancouver, British Columbia – The annual Knee Knackering North Shore Trail Run (the “Knee Knacker”) will be running for the 25th time, and it is expected that over 350 eager entrants will be waiting for the results of the lottery drawing starting at 8:00pm on March 5 to see who will be toeing the start line this year. This milestone Knee Knacker event takes place on Saturday, July 13, 2013 starting at Horseshoe Bay and ending at Panorama Park in Deep Cove. Continue reading
The days are counting down to the 2013 entry deadline on February 28. You now have nine days left to register for this year’s lottery!
I’m really pleased to announce we have two new Knee Knacker Committee members this year — Wendy Montgomery and Mark Grist. Many of you will already know Wendy and Mark from their involvement over the years with a number of local races and we are thrilled to have their knowledge and expertise. Wendy is the current Race Director for Diez Vista, and Mark holds the distinction of not only completing the Knee Knacker 16 times, but being the youngest ever to get to that number!
- Enzo Federico — founder, finances & web
- Julie Flynn — Aid Station co-ordinator
- Patricia Jensen — Sponsor & permit co-ordinator, training run leader
- Tim Jones — North Shore Rescue
- Bev McKenna — Banquet co-ordinator
- Dennis Marchant — Volunteer co-ordinator
- Glenn Pace — Course and Runner co-ordinator, training run leader
- Jeff Trigg — Graphics, posters, volunteer & runners’ shirts
- Kelsy Trigg — Race Director
- Andrew Wong — Website, social media & trail work co-ordinator.
I look forward to another exciting year. As always, please be in touch.