Here is our last set of Race Day Photos taken by the photography crew. It’s a photo collection of some of the 250+ Knee Knacker Volunteers as they:
- Donned mozzie hats to battle bugs throughout Cypress and Hollyburn;
- Provided Hawaiian atmosphere at Hyannis Aid Station along with Mr. Freezies;
- Dressed up in white dinner jacket and cowboy hat for Black Mtn Aid Station duties;
- Played a guitar to the runners as they ran into Cypress Aid Station;
- Recorded the race from the ground and the air;
- Provided safety support (North Shore Search and Rescue);
- Pre-and-post swept the race course with enthuasism;
- Set-up, chopped, recorded, timed and cleaned up at the aid stations;
- Set-up, decorated, served and cleaned up at the banquet;
- Marshalled, directed and cheered runners throughout the course;
- Transported supplies;
- Captured memorable moments on digital;
- Made sure you had a great Knee Knacker experience!
THANK YOU VOLUNTEERS!! Check out the photos here.
Thank you Knee Knackerers for your smiles even when your bodies may be hurting.
Until next year.
Knee Knacker Volunteer Photography Crew
Combining his tree and rock climbing skills with photography, Richard So’s Race Day Photos from Cypress Mountain answers the question, where was he standing when he took that photo? Check out his Start line and Cypress Mountain photos here.
Check out Race Day photos from:
- Dee Makepeace — Start and Finish Line here
- Ron Nicholl (18x Knee Knacker Finisher) — Awards Banquet here
- Karen Chow — Awards Banquet here
- Monique Simard — Skyline Aid Station here
Check out Newton Hoang’s Race Day Photos from Lower Seymour Conservation Reserve (LSCR) here.
Check out Graham Johnson’s Race Day Photos from Lower Seymour Conservation Reserve (LSCR) here.
Check out Karen Chow’s Race Day Photos around Mount Seymour Aid Station here.
Check out Markus Thompson’s Race Day Photo’s from Cleveland Dam and Mosquito Creek areas here.
Check out Jude Ultra’s Race Day Photos from:
- Start line here
- Descent from Black Mountain here
- 9 Bridges (before Panorama Park) here
Scenes from the Finish line area: cheers, hugs, exhaustion, high fives, family,
friends, smiles, massages, trail stories, Dave Norona, Honey’s doughnuts and Mother’s smoothies. Check out Knee Knacker veteran Richard So’s photos from the Finish line area here.
GoPro and iPhone Setup
(Please excuse us, but photographers are total gear-heads and we have to share how Grant Withers from Global Coast Photography managed to be in two places at once! Grant mounted a GoPro Hero2 on a stand and controlled the unit with a GoPro iPhone app. While the GoPro continuously shot every half-second, Grant stood further down the trail with his regular camera. Et voila, photographing from two positions simultaneously!)
Both sets of Start Line photos were combined into Global Coast Photography’s Start Line Race Day Photo gallery here.