Short article in the Georgia Straight about this year’s race, including a training run video by William Schuurman.
Here are our last set of race photos:
- From various photographers: Some of the 250+ Knee Knacker Volunteers making it happen on race day
- From Karen Chow, slo-mo photos from Knee Knackering in the Snow. When viewing these photos, you should use the ‘Slideshow’ setting at its fastest possible speed for the best experience as the images are organized in motion-capture like sequences. Enjoy!
- From Andrew Wong, photos from Jun 19 Training Run at Nelson Canyon Park. The Runners’ wave.
Thank you runners and volunteers! Until next year.
Volunteer Knee Knacker Photography Team
It is illegal to drive and talk on a cell phone in BC. After what happened during the Seymour Grind photo shoot, I am extending this ban to include cameras too.
- While waiting for the first runner to come though, London Drugs called to confirm the photo order. While on the phone, Aaron Heidt came flying by. Throwing the phone down, I turned on the camera, pointed it at the fast moving runner and hoped the focus was pre-set. Nope.
- I phoned Dave, the Indian River Road photographer, to let him know that Aaron just flew past. While Dave described his route finding episode to Eagle Bluffs earlier that morning, Adam Campbell came flying by. Yeah, cell phone in left hand, camera in right hand. Time to put cell phone away.
Lesson: cell phone + camera + really fast runners = guaranteed fuzzy photos.
Here is another set of Karen Chow’s Race Day photos from Mount Seymour.
Meghan Rance spent race day making a video of her friend, Louse Oram, who won this year’s women’s division. You can view the video here. (Note: The video requires Adobe Flash.)